What better time could there be for an all American makeover of the beloved Italian dessert than the fourth of July? Instead of being infused with coffee and topped with cocoa powder this equally luscious dessert bursts with the flavors of fresh summer berries, and the colors of the flag.
And of course, with no baking required, its a perfect dessert for hot summer days. When shopping for ladyfingers, look in the bakery. There you should find soft cake like fingers perfect for making this no-bake dessert!
4 ounces light tub-style cream cheese
4 ounces nonfat cream cheese
1/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/3 cup granulated no-calorie sweetener (or 8 packets)*
3/4 cup light whipped topping
1 3/4 cups sliced strawberries
1/4 cup low sugar strawberry jam
1 3-ounce package soft ladyfingers (12 split fingers)
3/4 cup blueberries
1. Set aside a 1 ½ quart rectangular baking dish.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheeses, ricotta, sour cream and sweetener with and electric mixer until creamy. Fold in the light whipped topping. Set aside.
3. Place 1 ¼ cups of the strawberries and the jam into a food processor or blender. Blend until roughly pureed (small pieces of strawberry should remain).
4. Line the bottom of the baking dish with ½ of the ladyfingers. Evenly pour ½ of the strawberry puree over the berries (about ½ cup) and spread to coat all ladyfingers. Spoon ½ of the cream cheese mixture (about 1 cup) evenly over the strawberries and gently smooth. Repeat with remaining lady fingers, strawberry puree and cream cheese mixture.
5. Decoratively top tiramisu with blueberries and remaining sliced strawberries, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Calories 225 | Total Fat 7 g (sat fat 4 g) | Carbohydrate 24 g (sugar 12 g) | Protein 10 grams | Cholesterol 45 mg | Fiber 1 g | Sodium 290 mg Food Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Fat, 1 Lean Protein, ½ Fruit | Carbohydrate Choices: 1 ½ | Weight Watcher Plus Point Comparison: 5
*For powdered sugar. Adds 25 calories and 7 grams carbohydrate